Sunday, August 2, 2009

1st August 2009

Jimmy called abt 12pm, asking to go FV. I never say no to a fishing invite, so off we go at 12.30pm. Reached abt 1.30pm, set up at bamboo grove. Really peaceful day, cloudy and windy, and we have the whole pond to ourselves.

Jimmy wasted no time in casting his first rod, bread with a bit of minyak belangkas, while I was still fumbling over my rods. I was thinking it was going to be a good day, coz Jimmy got his first catch of the day. A lampam on the bread. But I thought wrongly. No bites for the whole afternoon even though Jimmy got another lampam. And until we moved to the watergates/hills, only 1 decent fish landed among all anglers there.

We moved around 5.30-ish. Jimmy took the jetty while I set up at the sandy hills. This time, borrowed Jimmy's specially mixed hong. And while I was 'pretending' busy by walking around, my bell buat bising!




Jimmy's special bait really works


Jeremy asked me to get another, so I said hopefully. And within minutes of casting ( with Jimmy's special hong again ), my bell rang again. Didn't manage to get the fish as it lucut. By this time, TJS already caught a lampam, Jeremy with 2 lampams and Bony with none. And TJS spree started.



The first of 3 leekoh




Jimmy doesn't want to be left out




Bony finally got his fish as the closing time draw close




Second leekoh




Jimmy with a huge rohu (special bait mesti kena maa)




Double hook up at the last cast
Still, without opening the watergates, fishes don't bite, with the exception of Jimmy's and my fish.




No comments:

Post a Comment